SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — June, the company that pioneered the smart oven market in 2016 with the world’s first and only intelligent convection oven, today announced the launch of the second generation, do-it-all June Oven. From roasting salmon to reheating last night’s lasagna to cooking a 12lb juicy turkey, the June Oven makes the cooking experience easy. Using the latest in technology and machine learning, June delivers precision-perfect cooking. The new June Oven retails for $599 and $799, and will be $100 off for a limited time at launch.
“We listened to our user base and took the learnings from our first oven to refine the June and bring the next generation of smart cooking to people’s homes,” said Matt Van Horn, co-founder and CEO of June. “By removing stress and simplifying cooking we’ve seen our users, connoisseurs and novices alike, cooking more, eating healthier and saving money.”
June has over 100 chef developed, one tap cook-programs to automatically make food to users’ liking, no preheat required. It’s a convection oven, air fryer, dehydrator, slow cooker, broiler, toaster and warming drawer all-in-one. Users can control the oven, watch food being cooked and be notified when food is ready via the June app or by simply asking Alexa.
Updates to the second generation June Oven include faster cooking, a streamlined touchscreen interface and a durable, easy-to-clean stainless steel interior. By refining the oven with the best hardware and software from the first generation and finding efficiencies in design, sourcing and manufacturing, June is providing an even better product and experience – at a lower price.
“There is nothing like June on the market, it uses sensors and artificial intelligence to recognize, monitor and cook food to users’ preferences, while the software-controlled heating and convection design delivers precise cooking results,” said Nikhil Bhogal, co-founder and CTO of June. “Unlike traditional appliances, the June Oven is constantly getting better; frequent software updates add new cooking abilities and cook-programs based on chef development and user feedback and preferences.”
Almost half (42 percent) of all cooking done in a June uses automatic cook-programs, which makes cooking users’ favorite foods foolproof and easy. To make the perfect steak, June switches back and forth automatically between roast, broil and bake. As for cooking bacon, there are 64 ways to cook it in a June to ensure it’s cooked perfectly to the user’s liking.
Additionally, the June app lets users step away from the kitchen; they can start cooking, watch their food being cooked and receive push notifications to their mobile device. June’s digital Cookbook provides easy to follow, step-by-step video recipes and automatically controls your June to set the correct time, temperature, cook-program and preferred doneness. The beautifully-designed countertop June Oven functions as an all-in-one cooking appliance. June can bake, broil, roast, air fry, dehydrate, slow cook, toast, reheat and keep warm, which frees up space and provides endless options for what to cook.
The June Oven features:
- Carbon fiber heating elements – June uses six carbon fiber heating coils, allowing it to preheat three times faster than other ovens.
- Food Recognition – The June Oven uses an HD camera and the latest advances in AI to instantly recognize over 50 common foods and will suggest the correct automatic cook-program for you. The camera also lets you watch your food come to life in real time and share a time-lapse of your cooking with friends and family.
- Perfection guaranteed – June’s Food Thermometer ensures that your food will be cooked to your desired doneness.
- Dual convection fans – June’s convection fans rotate in opposite directions to evenly mix the air to eliminate cold spots and reduce cooking time.
- Precision heating – Maintains uniform temperature from corner to corner and does not fluctuate over time. Ovens are individually calibrated before shipping to achieve this. Yields better cooking results no matter what you’re cooking.
- Touchscreen – June’s responsive touchscreen is intuitively designed to let you control every aspect of cooking.
- Maximum capacity – Engineered to maximize cooking space in a compact frame, June fits up to a 12″x16″ pan, 12lb turkey, and 12″ pizza. 1.0 ft³ capacity.
- Easy to clean – June’s interior is made of durable stainless steel, so you can use all oven cleaning solutions to clean it.
- Never goes out of date – June’s software automatically updates to introduce new functionality and features via Wi-Fi.
- Warranty – June comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
June Oven comes standard with a food thermometer, solid core aluminum cooking pan, roasting rack, wire shelf, crumb tray and companion app (iOS and Android). It is available now on juneoven.com for $599, or $799 with an extended 2-year warranty, 3-year recipe subscription and set of 3 air baskets and will be $100 off for a limited time at launch.
At June, the mission is to use the power of technology to make cooking perfectly easy for everyone. June was founded in 2013 by CEO Matt Van Horn, co-founder of Zimride (now Lyft) and former vice president of business at Path, and CTO Nikhil Bhogal, the inventor of many of the Apple camera’s technology patents. June is headquartered in San Francisco.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cooking-just-got-easier-faster-and-smarter-with-the-launch-of-the-second-generation-june-oven-300692859.html