SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — WIRED today announced additional speakers, partners, and events for WIRED25, the anniversary celebration taking place in San Francisco next month. New speakers include entrepreneur Reid Hoffman, Y Combinator’s Sam Altman, Amazon’s Jewel Burks, Nike’s Tinker Hatfield, MIT Media Lab’s Joi Ito, astrobiologist Margaret Turnbull, musician/producer Questlove, entrepreneur Alexis Ohanian, and Condé Nast’s Anna Wintour. They join previously announced speakers including Apple’s Jony Ive, YouTube’s Susan Wojcicki, Microsoft’s Satya Nadella, Stanford AI Lab’s Fei-Fei Li, Google’s Sundar Pichai, and more.
WIRED25 also unveiled more details for the various programming tracks, which include WIRED25 WORK – a day of insider office tours; WIRED25 FESTIVAL – a weekend of cultural events; and WIRED25 SUMMIT – an exclusive one-day technology summit. WIRED25 WORK will take people behind the scenes and visit the office spaces of San Francisco’s most exciting companies to see how they work … and what they are working on. Participating partners include Accenture, Airbnb, CloudFlare, HP, Intel, Levi’s, Lyft, Slack, and more to be announced.
The WIRED25 FESTIVAL will bring the spirit of innovation and creativity to life in ways that only WIRED can, through various events around San Francisco. Events include a Robot Petting Zoo (where the robots pet you back!), a Silent Piano Concert with MindTravel, a Future of Food Picnic with Impossible Foods, and family-friendly programming with Adam Savage’s Mythbusters Jr. and Atlas Obscura, all at San Francisco’s Commonwealth Club. WIRED25 will also screen WIRED-approved films at Alamo Drafthouse, curate a list of San Francisco’s must-see art studios for ArtSpan, and offer exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of SFMOMA.
The four-day celebration will culminate at the WIRED25 SUMMIT at SF Jazz, which will bring together the biggest names in technology and business for exclusive keynotes and game-changing conversations. Below is list of confirmed speakers to date.
For more information on WIRED25, including event news, programming updates, and speaker announcements, visit WIRED.com/25 and follow @WIRED#WIRED25. For details on how to purchase tickets to WIRED25 go to WIRED.com/25.
WIRED25 is once-in-a-lifetime event taking place October 12–15 in San Francisco. It will not only be a celebration of WIRED but a landmark moment in tech history and an opportunity to commemorate the industry, culture, and those who built it.
WIRED25 is made possible with help from official sponsors Accenture, HP, Intel, and Audi; along with supporting sponsors National Geographic’s Valley of the Boom, Lagunitas Brewing Company, eBay, and The American Institute of Architects (AIA); and digital experience agency Isobar.
WIRED25 speakers (new additions in bold)
- Sam Altman, President, Y Combinator; Co-chair, OpenAI
- Janelle Ayres, Associate Professor, Nomis Center for Immunobiology & Microbial Pathogenesis, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Marc Benioff, Chairman & CEO, Salesforce
- Jewel Burks, Team Lead, Visual Search, Amazon
- Malkia Cyril, Founder & Executive Director, Center for Media Justice
- Paul Daugherty, Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, Accenture
- Aicha Evans, Chief Strategy Officer, Intel
- Tinker Hatfield, Vice President, Creative Concepts, Nike
- Reid Hoffman, Entrepreneur, Executive & Investor; Cofounder, LinkedIn; Partner, Greylock
- Joi Ito, Director, MIT Media Lab
- Jony Ive, Chief Design Officer, Apple
- Jenny Lay-Flurrie, Chief Accessibility Officer, Microsoft
- Jiwoo Lee, Computational Biology Y Medical Anthropology Student, Stanford University
- Kai-Fu Lee, Chair & CEO, Sinovation Ventures
- Fei-Fei Li, Director, Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab; Chief Scientist of AI and Machine Learning, Google Cloud
- Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft
- Neha Narula, Director, Digital Currency Initiative, MIT Media Lab
- Alexis Ohanian, Cofounder, Initialized; Cofounder, Reddit
- Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
- Jennifer Pahlka, Founder & Executive Director, Code for America
- Sean Parker, Entrepreneur; Investor; Chairman & Founder, Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy
- Questlove, Drummer, DJ, Producer & Culinary Entrepreneur
- Marc Raibert, Founder & CEO, Boston Dynamics
- Adam Savage, Host, MythBusters Jr.
- Shivani Siroya, Founder & CEO, Tala
- Kevin Systrom, CEO & Cofounder, Instagram
- Jill Tarter, author, “The 21st Century: The Century of Biology on Earth and Beyond”
- Sebastian Thrun, CEO, Kitty Hawk
- Margaret Turnbull, Astrobiologist; 2018 Independent Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin
- Dion Weisler, President & CEO, HP
- Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief, VOGUE; Artistic Director, Condé Nast
- Anne Wojcicki, CEO & Cofounder, 23andMe
- Susan Wojcicki, CEO, YouTube
WIRED is where tomorrow is realized. It is the essential source of information and ideas that make sense of a world in constant transformation. The WIRED conversation illuminates how technology is changing every aspect of our lives—from culture to business, science to design. The breakthroughs and innovations that we uncover lead to new ways of thinking, new connections, and new industries. WIRED reaches more than 30 million people each month through WIRED.com, our digital edition, the magazine, social media and live events.
Corey Wilson | Executive Director, Communications | Corey_Wilson@condenast.com
Gaia Filicori | Director, Communications | Gaia_Filicori@condenast.com
Rachel Janc | Associate, Communications | Rachel_Janc@condenast.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wired25-adds-more-speakers-partners-and-events-300711629.html