TINTON FALLS, N.J. and NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Commvault Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer N. Robert Hammer and Chief Operating Officer Al Bunte will open the company’s customer conference today with a challenge directed at how enterprise customers engage with their software. Together, they will describe how sophisticated technology, automation, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) enable enterprises to dramatically simplify backup and recovery and can make the cloud a smart, fully integrated extension of their data centers. With this, customers can radically improve their ability to know and activate their data – allowing them to produce remarkable results to reduce risk, lower costs and increase productivity.
Hammer and Bunte will also highlight new innovations and partnerships announced at Commvault GO demonstrating how Commvault’s recently simplified product portfolio is already enabling enterprises to modernize, simplify, and streamline their data management through three imperatives:
- Commvault Completeä Backup & Recovery takes on AI/ML-powered automation to create a “self-driving-like” experience.
- Delivering on the promise of the cloud through automated and orchestrated resource management, control and how a multi-cloud environment is a smart extension of the modern on-premises data center.
- Extension of data activation solutions that discover, profile and map all of an enterprise’s data, while also identifying and classifying data risk and exposure.
Raising Expectations for Data Backup, Recovery and Management
As Hammer and Bunte will cover in their keynote, today enterprises are not just faced with rapidly growing volumes and types of data, but a proliferation of applications, and an increase in on-premises infrastructures and multi-cloud environments. Enterprises are also combating extremely sophisticated ransomware and other cyberattacks, trying to comply with strict data compliance and privacy regulations, as well as to leverage data analytics to inform their business strategy. No longer can IT just meet operational milestones – it must now achieve results that improve business outcomes.
The data protection market “status quo” is not empowering enterprises to meet these challenges. Leading edge consumer technology companies (like Amazon, WAZE, and Netflix) are using AI, ML and other advanced technologies to change expectations with easy-to-use software that has fundamentally transformed the retail, travel and entertainment industries. However, most data protection vendors – including many startups — deliver point solutions that fail to provide the level of automation and actionable insights of consumer software, while also unwittingly complicating, rather than simplifying, data backup, recovery and management.
Commvault is challenging the industry status quo by setting a new benchmark for data management, with its new, simplified portfolio of data backup, recovery and management solutions. This portfolio not only provides enterprises with comprehensive data protection, but also automates outcomes, orchestrates processes and unlocks valuable insights that improve performance, lower costs, reduce risk and raise productivity.
Self-driving Backup and Recovery Reduces Costs, Speeds Data Recovery
In their keynote, Hammer and Bunte will outline how Commvault Completeä Backup & Recovery‘s “self-driving-like” experience simplifies IT operations and administration with three AI and ML-powered capabilities:
- Autonomous Operations self-adjusts load balancing, self-corrects scheduling and self-optimizes storage utilization, automating routine, tedious operations while improving staff productivity and backup and recovery performance.
- Dynamic Recovery automatically monitors an enterprise’s infrastructure, operations, resources and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and then dynamically adjusts any type of workload to meet its specific recovery SLA.
- Intelligent Anomaly management enhances anomaly detection with smart filters able to identify anomalies that can wait and anomalies that cannot, so administrators are only alerted to anomalies that they need to immediately take action on.
Simple Smart Cloud
The joint executive keynote will highlight how Commvault cloud capabilities allow enterprises to extend the cloud from a simple storage location into a true extension of their data center. Featuring native support for more than 60 different cloud providers and built-in workload awareness, these new capabilities enable enterprises to automate cloud infrastructure provisioning as well as instance optimization, tuning, creation, destruction and translation. With these cloud tools, enterprises can maximize the cost and administration advantages of the cloud for storage extension, actively use cloud data for disaster recovery or Dev/Test, and leverage AI and ML embedded in the cloud.
Unprecedented Insights with Commvault Activate
Hammer and Bunte will explore how Commvault Activate is addressing one of the most pressing CIO dilemmas today: knowing what data they have across the enterprise. Commvault Activate’s powerful indexing, metadata analysis and visualization reporting capabilities have been enhanced to provide enterprises with deeper and broader discovery, profiling and mapping of their data, whether it is in the cloud, on-premises, stored virtually or on mobile devices. The knowledge generated by this data discovery can be used to act on the data for business outcomes. In addition, the Commvault Activate for Sensitive Data application provides enterprises with insights into their data they can use to ensure personal or other relevant data is stored in compliance with data privacy regulations, such as GDPR and the new California privacy regulations.
“For more than 20 years, we have challenged IT and business leaders’ data protection software expectations; today we are doing this again with software that does not just help IT and business leaders work, but also does some of the work for them,” said N. Robert Hammer, Chairman, President and CEO, Commvault. “Over just the last 10 years, software has fundamentally changed the way we search for information, watch television, drive and shop. It is about time that enterprises expect the same advances from their data protection software. Commvault is applying modern innovative technology to offer solutions that not only automate routine tasks, but also intelligently act to help customers recover, manage and use their data for optimal outcomes, empowering customers to picture new possibilities and achieve remarkable results.”
“Commvault has combined the latest developments in AI and ML with innovative cloud automation and data activation technologies to change what enterprises can expect from data protection software,” said Al Bunte, Chief Operating Officer, Commvault. “From digital tools that automate and orchestrate tedious data administrative tasks, dynamically adjust workloads to meet recovery SLAs and alert users to anomalies that need immediate attention, to smart and simple cloud tools that make the cloud a natural extension of an enterprise’s IT infrastructure, to solutions that deliver insights on how to optimize storage and reduce compliance and other data risks across the enterprise, no other vendor is close to providing as comprehensive a solution for simplifying complex data environments.”
Commvault Unveils New Solutions and Services That Deliver Outcomes that Customers Value Most
Additional news coming out of Commvault GO includes:
- As-a-Service Portfolio: The new Commvault Complete Backup and Recovery as-a-Service (B&RaaS) portfolio brings organizations of any size the full-featured power of its flagship offering, Commvault Completeä Backup & Recovery, with convenient, as-a-service packages that are outcome-driven and simplify data protection and management. The portfolio includes three new cloud-based services – Commvault Complete B&RaaS, Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Virtual Machines (VMs), and Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Native Cloud Applications – providing customers the flexibility to select specific outcomes that best fit their business needs and use cases to drive increased simplicity, ease of use and cost savings.
- Expanded Appliance Family: Two additions to the Commvault family of cloud-ready appliances – the Commvault HyperScale Appliance (model HS3300), a larger, innovative scale-out infrastructure for managed service providers (MSPs) and large enterprises, and the Commvault Remote Office Appliance, a turnkey appliance that enables enterprises to extend Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery solutions to smaller remote offices.
- New Commvault Command Center: redefining the modern enterprise software interface and becoming the single customer engagement console across Commvault’s full solutions portfolio. The application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to analyze and automate tasks required to manage data operations requires a new approach to interacting with data management software. Commvault Command Center shifts the paradigm to a focus on business and operational outcomes.
- Continued Partner Momentum: Bringing powerfully simple backup and recovery solutions to the channel with news that NetApp and NetApp channel partners are now reselling Commvault, as well as a seamless integration of Commvault solutions with Hewlett Packard Enterprise StoreOnce storage technology.
- Commvault HyperScale Momentum: Rural Servicios Informáticos (RSI) has implemented Commvault HyperScale™ software as part of on-going efforts to manage the complete lifecycle of its varied, business critical, data assets. The company implemented a scale-out approach as part of long-term, strategic decision to build an advanced, cloud-ready environment, capable of protecting and managing both on-premises and in-cloud data requirements, to deliver maximum protection and availability to their customers.
Picturing the Possibilities at the Industry’s Leading Event for Data Experts
Through mainstage keynotes and the more than 150 breakout sessions, attendees will explore how to help their organizations simplify, streamline and scale their data protection efforts. With the GOx keynote session, attendees will hear eight separate presentations through a series of rapid-fire speakers examining everything from AI, to the Cloud, to ‘data protection-as-a-service’ and more – all to help solve the biggest and most pressing data questions faced by business and IT leaders today.
Commvault GO 2018
Commvault GO 2018 is Commvault’s annual customer conference that brings together a global audience of data experts, customers, partners and influencers in the most engaging and entertaining event dedicated to data protection and management. This year’s event is being held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, on October 9-11. With an inspiring keynote line up including Bill Nye “The Science Guy,” entertainer Steve Connell and globally recognized brands delivering market and customer insights, data experts cannot fail to be inspired as Commvault GO helps them to Picture the Possibilities of how effective data management addresses their ever-changing data and business needs. More information can be found here: https://www.commvault.com/go/agenda.
Take part in and engage with the online conversation across social media by using #CommvaultGO and follow Commvault on:
Commvault is the recognized leader in data backup and recovery. Commvault’s converged data management solution redefines what backup means for the progressive enterprise through solutions that protect, manage and use their most critical asset — their data. Commvault software, solutions and services are available from the company and through a global ecosystem of trusted partners. Commvault employs more than 2,600 highly-skilled individuals across markets worldwide, is publicly traded on NASDAQ (CVLT), and is headquartered in Tinton Falls, New Jersey in the United States. To learn more about Commvault visit www.commvault.com
Safe Harbor Statement: Customers’ results may differ materially from those stated herein; Commvault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding Commvault’s beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. Commvault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2018 Commvault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “C hexagon” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Commvault HyperScale, ScaleProtect, Commvault OnePass, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, APSS, Commvault Edge, Commvault GO, Commvault Advantage, Commvault Complete, Commvault Activate, Commvault Orchestrate, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/commvault-executive-leadership-challenges-businesses-to-expect-more-from-their-data-management-providers-in-joint-commvault-go-2018-keynote-300728552.html